reels post

All about News

Hot News

Jeremy Clarkson insists he would never break same rule as James Martin

Jeremy Clarkson has weighed in (Picture: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)

Former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has claimed he wouldn’t break a ‘TV rule’ that James Martin did.

The Saturday Morning presenter, 51, was embroiled in scandal earlier this week after he was accused of exhibiting bullying and intimidating behaviour while filming an ITV programme.

He later issued an apology for ‘upsetting or causing offence’ and cited personal life pressures including a shock cancer diagnosis, the death of his last surviving grandparent, and a home burglary as building up to his ‘very emotional state’ when his home was ‘flooded’ while filming due to a blocked drain.

‘I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit I overreacted regarding the damage to my home,’ he said.

Martin agreed ‘lessons have been learned’, after an incident from 2018 came to light in which it was claimed the presenter ‘launched a foul-mouthed tirade against staff’ when a drain in his home became blocked.

A day after his apology,  the expletive moment he scolded staff over the incident was ‘leaked’ with the presenter heard swearing 42 times in a 10 minute rant.

Clarkson has now weighed in on the situation, saying he would never break the same rule.

The expletive moment Martin scolded his staff was leaked (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

He wrote in his column in The Sun: ‘After reading about chef James Martin’s sweary rant at a TV crew who’d broken his kitchen, I rolled my eyes and thought: “Does this man know nothing about TV?”

‘Because as anyone who works in the industry knows, rule number one is: Never let a film crew in your house.’

The Clarkson’s Farm host went on to say he has worked ‘with the same guys for 20 or more years’, and though he admires their camera skills and ‘enjoys’ their company, he ‘would never let them in my house’.

He said: ‘I would never let them in my house because they’d drag their heavy boxes over the wooden floors, do a reverse-Ikea on all the furniture as they moved it to make way for their equipment and then, because all film crews live on a diet of chilli sauce, make the most godawful smell in the lavatory.’

The Clarkson’s Farm host insisted he would never break the same rule (Picture: Jeff Spicer/Getty Images)

On Friday, the incident in question was leaked with an audio clip obtained by The Sun, in which Martin scolded his team, telling them they should be ‘f***ing fried’ and punishing them by ordering they take their lunch breaks in the ‘f***ing rain.’

‘Show me and show my house more f**king respect – if not, you’re gone,’ he is heard saying after the drain damage.

He continued: ‘Senior members of our staff will get f**king fired because I‘m sick of it. I’m sick of being treated like a f**king piece of sh*t.’



James Martin’s rant, as per leaked audio obtained by The Sun:

‘I am absolutely furious, beyond belief. It’s my home, it’s my house. It’s my f**ing house.

‘Nobody listens, nobody f**king listens do they. I will not put up with this, this is b*llocks.

‘A driveway that cost me £26,000 is f**ked because somebody put a load of oil in the f**king bin that’s now dripped everywhere and f**king ruined my driveway.

‘If this was somebody’s house you would end up with a massive bill. People would get fired and rightly so, if this was working for Endemol your arse would be f**king fried. 

‘Show me and show my house more f**king respect – if not, you’re gone.

‘But if I haven’t got a plumber round at my house to give me a quote and a guy to tarmac by tomorrow, somebody is going to get fired.

‘Senior members of our staff will get f**king fired because I‘m sick of it. I’m sick of being treated like a f**king piece of sh*t.

‘Get in first thing in the morning, last thing at night, first there, last to go, I’m sick of it.

‘I do it because I’m 100 per cent professional so everybody else do the f**king same.

‘I bust my boll**ks off, there is nobody on that studio floor that works more than what I f**king do.

‘If you don’t like it, p*ss off.

‘I’m not interested in paying people a f**king fortune and having to deal with a sh*t aftermath afterward.

‘Don’t even f**king think about bringing an articulated truck and dumping a Portakabin in my house.

‘I’ll tell you what’s going to happen. You’re going to prep it up [the food, for filming] in a pissy little f**king van.

‘You’re going to stand there in the f**king rain and get wet for lunch, that’s what going to happen, because you’re not having any of my chairs, f**k all.

‘No equipment, no seats, no benches, no trestle tables, nothing. No plates, nothing.’

Editorial use only Mandatory Credit: Photo by Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock (12783004ax) James Martin 'This Morning' TV show, London, UK - 31 Jan 2022

James Martin issued an apology for causing ‘upset or offence’ (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)

On Thursday, Martin addressed the recording and said on his social media he felt compelled to make a statement about the incident after ‘details of a conversation which was secretly recorded in January 2018 are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team.’

In a series of posts on X, formerly Twitter, he said: ‘I would like to publicly and sincerely apologise to the crew involved in this incident, as I did at the time.’

He described the end of 2017 as ‘one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life’ because he had been dealing with his grandfather’s death and a home burglary.

‘I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming,’ he added.

‘Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments.’



James Martin’s apology in full:

Firstly, I would like to publicly and sincerely apologise to the crew involved in this incident, as I did at the time. I have always strived to keep my private life private.

However since details of a conversation, which was secretly recorded in January 2018, are now five years later being made public by a former member of our production team, I have decided to make a statement.

The end of 2017 was one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life.

I was dealing with the death of my last living grandparent, my grandfather, and on account of work commitments I could not attend his funeral.

Later that month I was burgled at night by a team of masked men, who entered my house while my partner Louise was at home alone and I was away working.  I was devastated that she had to go through that alone.

On top of this I was then diagnosed with cancer on my face and I had to have surgery, which I couldn’t do until two days before Christmas when we had finished filming.

Since then it has returned on several occasions and I have to have regular treatments. 

After all this stress I was in a very emotional state, and when after filming in early January 2018 I discovered my home had been flooded while filming, I was extremely upset.

I can only say I am human and following a build-up of personal life pressure, I admit that I overreacted regarding the damage to my home.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : James Martin responds to support from ‘TV Dad’ after apologising for expletive rant


MORE : James Martin ‘could be axed by ITV after fury over bullying allegations as expletive rant is leaked’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *